Just Bob

A light in the darkness...

Monday, February 09, 2004

I hate genetics

No not the class. I hate genetics when it comes to diseases. I have a genetic deficiency called gout. Anyone who has ever had gout can tell you it is horrible. You can learn more about it here The only category I fall into now is the overweight one, which I am working on with diligence. But as you may have read it is a genetic disorder that causes uric acid in the blood stream to not be cleaned effectively. I do not have pills that I take as I could not afford the prescription right now anyways. But I am expecting it to not affect me as much after I take the weight off. I will tell you the pain is far worse than any broken bones I have ever had. I have broke toes and ankles that have hurt less. To get an idea of the feeling there is an old illustration that shows what it feels like.

So anyways, I have had an attack and all day yesterday my dress shoes were KILLING me at church. In the evening service I actually took off my shoe but with goat even your sock hurts to wear. Praise the Lord it feels better today. I take a natural remedy of black cherry concentrate that helps to eliminate the uric acid in the blood. So I haven't walked much in the past 24 hours but I am up an around a bit now. It is really agonizing but it does give me compassion for those who are debilitated by this and other diseases that limit their mobility. Praise the Lord I am actually fairly healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home