Just Bob

A light in the darkness...

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Thanks for the prayers!

I have been in a frenzied pace since my last blog. I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers. God has provided great things in the last couple of days. On Friday, I worked on a couple of sermons, was able to walk without much pain from my gout and prayed super hard for my dad to get the brakes done on the church van. We were supposed to leave at 3:00 pm and it was touch and go for a while with transportation but the van got back and had all new brake lines. We got it back and left at about 3:30. We then drove for 4 hours to Dayton for the Regional Teen Talent Contest at Moraine Heights Baptist Church. There were 14 teens who went and participated. We placed fairly well with a first, some second, and some third places individually. There were about 350 - 400 participating teens.

I am constantly amazed as I see teens stretch their faith and use their talents. All to God's glory.

I preached 2 messages and of course taught my normal Sunday School class and really needed to depend on God for the messages. It is a struggle sometimes to preach a message that you know God wants you to preach and to no interject your own thoughts into it. Praise God he was in it though. Tomorrow is my day off... maybe I will clean my office up... or maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home