Just Bob

A light in the darkness...

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Do you know how many times...

...that I hit reply when I read a blog that is just screaming to be commented on and then hit cancel and think, "why waste the time". People are so predictable. Ok, so I am a person too and that is a self-indictment, but still I just can't believe some of the tripe I read.

The one common theme I can see in alot of the Postmodern hoopla (cool, I said hoopla) is a lack of good bible scholarship. Now to explain that, I don't mean a lack of intelligent philosophy. A lot of these men and ladies are powerful thinkers but to the point of being poor scholars. I get a little bit of a kick out of all these "thinkers" who keep saying "be the church". But again I say to be you have to do.

Did I say that??? To Be You Have To Do!!! Did you get it? Quit rolling in all your philosphy and go do something. Communal relationships... blah, blah, blah... (go clean out the old lady at your churches basement) maybe you will find that community you are looking for without having to throw a tantrum that you have been hurt, abused, battered, {fill in your pain} and go start your own church where everyone feels the same way as you do. Thats not community. That's actually very sectarian.

Community is living with the people that don't like you and making it work. It living with people you don't like and learning to love them, the way Christ did.

So get some candles at home and light them and call yourself postmodern, but find a bible believing (that would mean they believe it IS the truth not just contains the truth) church and go make a community.

To Be You Have To Do... get it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home